Melinda Scalfaro Named Partner
Thursday, March 16, 2017
North Canton, Ohio - SoL Harris/Day Architecture is proud to announce that Melinda Scalfaro, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, has been named the firm's newest Partner.
Melinda earned degrees from Kent State University - Bachelors of Science in 2004 and a Bachelor of Architecture in 2005. She is a current board member and Past President of the American Institute of Architects, Akron Chapter and is a graduate of the 2013 class of Torchbearers.
Melinda has been the leader in Sustainable Design at the firm over the past decade and has led the design of projects in the Education and Recreational markets. Her work in schools and YMCAs has changed how the youth of this region experience learning and recreation in a sustainable environment.
As a partner, Melinda will continue to lead the sustainable driven work within the office and will be dedicated to continually improving building designs, resiliency, and efficiency for the benefit of SoL Harris/Day's clients.
Melinda's work in Northeast Ohio area includes:
* Lake Local Schools - New Elementary School
* Green Local Schools (Smithville) - New K-12 building
* Stark State College - Business and Entrepreneur Center
* Eric Snow YMCA - New Canton Facility
* North Canton YMCA - Renovations
* Geauga Park District - Observatory Park
* Stark County Park District - Wildlife Conservation Center
Melinda, her husband and two children reside in Akron, Ohio.